WEATHERPAK® Railway Weather Stations
Reliable Weather Data for Railways
WEATHERPAK® Weather Stations improve:
- workplace safety,
- operational efficiency,
- and emergency response
in hump yards and railside in high-wind areas.
Since 1981, Coastal Environmental has provided weather stations to the National Weather Service, the military, federal, state and local emergency response agencies, and corporations.
Railway Weather Applications and Key Features
- Monitors high-wind hazards
- Facilitates hump yard operations
- Emergency/hazmat response
- Meets US MIL-STD for severe conditions and EMI
- Easy to install or deploy
- Survives rough handling while providing accurate data.
Railroads also recognize the importance of advanced weather equipment to effectively deal with high wind hazards, hump yard efficiency and safety, and hazardous materials emergency response.
North America's railroads have chosen the WEATHERPAK® for its ruggedness, its accuracy and reliability, and its ability to withstand the rigors of railroad operations for many years.
WEATHERPAK® is available in both fixed and portable systems. Principal measurements include wind (speed, direction, and gust), temperature, humidity and barometric pressure. Other sensors, such as precipitation and visibility, are available.
WEATHERPAK® Railway Weather Systems Fixed
All WEATHERPAK® weather stations share the following proven strengths:
- Extremely rugged and designed to exacting safety standards.
- Will withstand the harshest environments. Constructed of marine grade aluminum. Hermetically sealed sensors (temperature, humidity and barometric pressure) and electronics.
- WEATHERPAK® meets US military MIL-STD-461E for EMI and MILSTD- 810F for extreme environments (i.e. harsh temperatures, shock and vibration, etc.)
- Whether installed on a building, utility pole or other permanent structure, WEATHERPAK® readily adapts to a wide variety of commercially available mounting solutions.
WEATHERPAK® PoE (Power-over Ethernet)
Where Ethernet access is available WEATHERPAK® PoE is uniquely suited for railway monitoring solutions.
- Easily installed. One cable provides both power and data retrieval. The integrated electronic compass and GPS automatically eliminates alignment errors.
- Networking – Quickly create a weather station network anywhere Ethernet access is available.
- Simply identify the site, install the station and plug in one cable. WEATHERPAK® and INTERCEPT® software do the rest!
WEATHERPAK® Serial Communication
Where Ethernet is not available WEATHERPAK® provides many telemetry options ranging from direct RS-232/485 output, to fiber optic, radio, GSM and satellite communication.
Portable WEATHERPAK® Emergency Response Weather Stations — anywhere you need on-site real-time data.
The nature of hazmat/emergency response dictates that equipment must be easy to deploy and operate. It must withstand rough handling and harsh conditions, be accurate and reliable, and not create additional risks. WEATHERPAK® is the only weather station that will both meet the requirements of the response mission and withstand the rigors associated with this mission for many years to come.
- WEATHERPAK® MTR can be deployed in under 60 seconds by one person – no tools required!
- Networking – SmartDetect™ firmware automatically networks and displays data from up to twenty WEATHERPAK®s.
- WEATHERPAK® MTR automatically updates chemical plume modeling software and features an optional background gamma radiation sensor.
Add Coastal's INTERCEPT® software for easy browser-based data collection, computation and display. INTERCEPT® provides alerts and alarms, station polling, and permission controlled data access via the World Wide Web; plus it archives data.
Please contact us for complete information.