Ethernet weather stations
Coastal's WEATHERPAK® PoE Network
What is a WEATHERPAK® PoE Weather Station?
Coastal Environmental Systems introduces the latest addition to the product line, the WEATHERPAK® PoE (Power over Ethernet) fixed-network weather station. Power over Ethernet allows one cable power and data retrieval. Uniquely suited for platform, port, railway and other fixed station monitoring solutions, WEATHERPAK® PoE is easy to install, easy to operate, withstands severe conditions and is accurate and reliable.
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) – one cable power and data retrieval
- Built-in GPS and electronic compass automatically aligns to True North
- Single integrated device – fast, easy installation
- On-site real-time weather data
- Accurate and reliable
- No-moving-parts ultrasonic wind sensor needs no periodic calibration
- Designed to meet MIL-STD-461E for EMI interference and MIL-STD-810F for severe environmental conditions
- Professional grade, best value
- Automatically feeds data into dispersion software
WEATHERPAK® PoE measures wind speed, wind direction and temperature every second, then computes a 5-minute running average of the accumulated data and calculates "wind stability"—required data inputs for most plume models. Stability (turbulence or mixing property) of the air has the greatest influence on distribution and concentration of hazardous airborne materials. These models display potential movement of airborne hazardous chemicals and can provide insight into the general movement of smoke, nuclear and biological materials.
The integrated temperature sensor, optional relative humidity, barometric pressure and gamma sensors, and the electronics are sealed inside the aluminum housing providing unequaled protection.
Why choose a WEATHERPAK® PoE Weather Station?
Designed to withstand the harshest environments – WEATHERPAK® PoE is constructed of marine grade aluminum. The electronics are hermetically sealed and will survive the harshest environments. WEATHERPAK® is designed to meet MIL-STD-461E (EMI) and MIL-STD-810F (extreme environments).
Quick and easy installation – Identify the site, install the station, plug in one cable—the WEATHERPAK® and INTERCEPT® software does the rest!
Power-over-Ethernet (PoE) – One cable provides power to the system and retrieves the data. Easily installed—even by non-technical staff.
Networking – Quickly create a weather station network anywhere Ethernet access is available.
• Background radiation – Sensor measures gamma radiation, providing an alert to the potential presence of a radiation threat.
• Relative humidity – Helpful when determining fire danger index, work-rest cycles and general weather interest.
• Barometric pressure – Provides station pressure helpful for determining changes in weather conditions (e.g. frontal passage, approaching storms, etc.)
Multiple permanent mounting options – Whether installed on a building, utility pole or other permanent structure, WEATHERPAK® PoE readily adapts to a wide variety of commercially available mounting solutions. Please contact your Coastal representative for additional installation information.
Secure Display Software – Add Coastal's INTERCEPT® software for easy browser-based data collection, computation and display. INTERCEPT® provides alerts and alarms, permission controlled data access via the World Wide Web, station polling and archives data.
Automatically updates CAMEO®/ALOHA® – and most other plume modeling software.
Proven in the field – For over 30 years WEATHERPAK® has been the "number-one" weather station choice for civilian emergency responders, every branch of the U.S. military, and other government agencies concerned with public safety and homeland security.